The Hotel Igloo in Morzine is the perfect place to spend a carefree holiday
It isn’t a complicated affair to organise the ideal holiday – all you need is a beautiful spot and to be able to leave your worries behind. This perfect place can be found in a pretty Savoyard village at the end of an Alpine valley where a charming family run hotel is situated. Don’t look any further – the Hotel Igloo is the place you are looking for.
Relax you are at the Hotel Igloo.
The Hotel Igloo gives you the freedom of a bed and breakfast holiday. A cosy interior created by reputable, local tradesmen, and the tradition of a Morzinois hotel handed down through the generations. Open all year round and renowned for its warm welcome – a hotel where you can relax with a drink by the fireside or meet other guests preparing their meals in the communal kitchen.
Take a deep breath – the hotel is in the centre of Morzine
Take in the fresh mountain air! Leave your car at the hotel and you are simply a five minute walk to the key places in the village.
- The Tourist Office square with tourist information, daily entertainment and the outdoor ice skating rink
- The Dereches Park with the indoor ice-rink and indoor swimming centre with two pools and childrens paddling pool
- A wide choice of bars and restaurants including the Grillon Restaurant if you wish to take the half-board option
- Many shops
- The historical village centre of the Bourg with the church, town hall and weekly market
- Lifts on either side of the valley. On the south side the Super Morzine lift takes you to Avoriaz and Switzerland. On the northern side of the valley the Pleney lift takes you over to Les gets and its incredible views over to the Mont Blanc
All this is an easy walk even in ski-boots!
Take advantage of all that Morzine and the hotel have to offer
Before setting off for the day, take in the view from the bedroom which will overlook either one of the valley sides. As soon as you are ready, set off to soak up the sights of the stunning peaks around Morzine and the Portes du Soleil. With over 650kms of slopes there is something for everybody regardless of your level – beginners can head over to the open spaces at the top of Pleney or go further afield to Les Gets or Avoriaz. More experienced skiers can discover the whole Portes du Soleil area in a day without ever skiing the same slope twice!
The mountain is even more beautiful when you can call it home. Meet Josette at the reception; local girl, hotel owner and an endless mine of useful information. She will help you to discover “her” valley, with the best addresses and the most incredible views better than any guide book.
Open all year round the Hotel Igloo at Morzine is the perfect place for the perfect holiday.